Free Adult Hearing Tests (Pensioners)
Active Audiology provide free hearing assessments, hearing devices and services to pensioners and veterans.
Who is Eligible?
Those eligible for free hearing services are:
- DVA and Pension concession card holders
- DVA Gold and White (hearing specific) card holders
- Eligibility may be available for those with a disability allowance
- Members of the Australian Defence Forces
What the program includes?
Eligible pensioners and veterans can obtain a range of products and services, these include:
- Your hearing assessed by a qualified audiologist at no cost.
- If the assessment indicates that a hearing aid or other device would assist you, we will help you select a model from a range of quality hearing aid manufacturers;
- some of the devices are FREE of charge,
- and in other cases, the federal government will subsidise part of the cost for more advanced solutions
- We will train and counsel you in ways to obtain the maximum benefit from your hearing devices, at no cost
How to apply for a Hearing Voucher from the Office of Hearing Services (OHS)
- If you believe that you may be eligible, you can apply for a Hearing Voucher from OHS to be part of the program.
- Active Audiology can assist you in applying for a Hearing Service Voucher.
- If you would like to streamline your application, ask your Doctor to fill out a Hearing Medical Certificate. Bring this signed Medical Certificate and your Pension/DVA card to your first appointment. Click here to download and print out a Hearing Medical certificate.
- If you are already a part of the program, you have complete freedom to change from one hearing care provider to another. Therefore if you would like to be seen at Active Audiology, we can assist you in the transfer process.
Unsure of what to do?
- You can call us to assist you. Ph: (03) 9398 3331
- You are also welcome to come and see us to discuss your needs – even if you are with another provider.
- We can give you a hearing check at no charge, and then assess and discuss whether you may be eligible for hearing devices. We can also answer any questions you may have and assist you to complete necessary paperwork for the Office of Hearing Services.